Hot Rod Forum banner

Bad Cashiers Checks

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  troy-curt 
#1 ·
Hey guys be on the look out for people buying parts or vehicles and they offer to buy with cashiers check. I am trying to sell my 29 Ford pickup its in parts for $2000.00 and somebody offer to buy it as long as I send remainder of cashiers check to their shipping person for shipping the check was real but stolen for $7000 I have been contact with FBI and the bank it was wrote on it became fishy after a few e-mails back and forth but I played it out. Any body let me know if you have ran into similiar problems.

#3 ·
My uncle almost got screwed the same way on his '72 Pinto dirt car.This guy e-mails him out of nowhere and tells him about the same line of bull that you got.He doesn't ask for any pics,additional info..Nothing.Then,he sent the check.Fortunately,I was talking to him about it when he first put it on the net because this is an issue that has come up before on this board.He took my advice and waited to see if it cleared before sending the additional money to him.Check came back to him in the mail with a "Counterfeit" stamp on it.

Nightrain

#4 ·
Check out THIS thread on the Jajopy Journal website.....

A couple of people I know both had the same e-mails sent to them requesting purchase of their vehicles....

One was a Kustom 41 Ford in So-Cal...the other was a motorcycle in London! The 2 e-mails were almost identical, word for word....

Aparrently the FBI as well as INTERPOL are investigating.

Hope this helps.

:)

#5 ·
This is the tired old Nigerian scam gang. They have various permutations of the same scam. I work in the oil business and one version asks you to give them your bank account # and they will deposit $10,000,000 just for letting them launder some personal funds past their government. That one used to send out a letter on some really nice stationary. Nowadays, all I get is a really poorly written email in pig-English. I also get about a dozen emails a week on the car scam you mentioned. Those are so poorly written that I feel sorry for the scammers and offer them some advice on getting a basic primary school education before going into business. All they are doing now is demonstrating their supreme ignorance.

#8 ·
There are two different ones, sending me exactly the same emails, wanting to by a dully I have advertised. This is about the 100th time I have gotten this kind of trash.

You would think that they would at lest learn how to type and spell, and use words. I don't see how any one could ever fall for there line.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.